Enterprise video streaming solutions, as well as government streaming services, are becoming popular things today. More businesses realize the potential of OTT video streaming platforms and reach viewers via videos. As a result, they launch their video streaming services and share videos on different topics: from entertainment movies and shows to educational programs.
And people appreciate OTT video streaming services for the content they offer and many other things compared to traditional television, which doesn’t provide varied content or flexibility.
OTT Video Streaming Platform as a Business Opportunity
OTT solution has everything you need to generate revenue
Professional companies developing OTT video streaming solutions embed features and functionality so that content creators can monetize their videos. First of all, there is software to reach more people:
- Applications for many devices and platforms, including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, and laptops. It is a great opportunity to let people use devices they already own. Moreover, they will be able to decide what device they want to use to enjoy videos. Not all people like viewing content on a Smart TV. They prefer smartphones. And if you offer only Smart TV applications, you won’t be able to reach other consumers.
- CDN is a content delivery network. It includes a lot of servers distributed across the world. CDN software is what can help you reach people from all over the world. It reduces potential latencies and delays. When a user requests a video to play, the video is transmitted not from the origin server that is located far away, but from the one that is closest to the viewer. This is how the latencies are made lower.
Furthermore, there is the monetization functionality:
- This monetization model is getting more popular these days. People are seeking video streaming websites that offer free content and don’t mind watching ads during the video. A video content provider generates revenue by allowing other brands to run ads on the provider’s platform.
- It is a money-making model when people purchase monthly or annual access to video content. They can cancel a subscription at any time or renew it at the end of a purchase period. No contracts are required.
- Pay-per-view. It is a model when you sell access for every single video. Viewers purchase one piece of content, and the rest is still inaccessible. In this case, a viewer can pay for one video and never come back or become a regular user.
- Hybrid monetization model. It is a combination of several approaches described above. For example, providers sell a subscription to videos, but some videos are premium and require an extra fee.
People appreciate OTT services
People are cutting the traditional television cord for multiple reasons:
- OTT services usually have no schedule. They offer content available on-demand – that’s whenever a user wants. However, live streams will have a particular start time. But after the live stream ends, the video can be stored and available at any time.
- OTT services operate on multiple platforms and devices. Viewers can choose what device they are comfortable with and enjoy content on it. Moreover, devices like smartphones and tablets are easy to use wherever you are. As a result, consumers may watch content anywhere.
- OTT services offer varied content. Moreover, they usually have a recommendation engine that provides videos viewers might like.
Online video streaming is on the rise, and it seems like it is only going to grow and thrive. That’s why it is a perfect business opportunity for content creators, governments, ISPs, and others. It is high time to create videos and share them with viewers via OTT platforms.