Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. will launch Lord of The Rings non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on Friday on the content-focused blockchain Eluvio, as part of the American entertainment giant’s Web 3.0 movie experience coined “Movieverse.”
See related article: Are NFTs securities? Bored Ape creator Yuga Labs faces SEC probe
- The NFT collection includes an extended 4K edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring film, interactive menus, and augmented reality (AR) collectibles.
- There are 10,000 NFTs in the Premiere Mystery Edition collection, which comes with navigation menus based on one of the movie’s three central locations: The Shire, Rivendell and the Mines of Moria.
- The 999 NFTs in Premiere Epic Edition include all three locations and additional image galleries.
- The Lord of the Rings franchise has been experiencing a resurgence in popularity on the back of the most expensive TV series ever made, “The Rings of Power,” a prequel to the epic film trilogy.
- The Ethereum-compatible Eluvio blockchain has grabbed the attention of some of the biggest names in the media and entertainment industry, including Fox Corporation and Metro Goldwin Mayer.
See related article: The scourge of NFT wash trading — and how not to get suckered in
Source by forkast.news