MY E.G. Services Berhad (MYEG) and Mimos Technology Solutions Sdn Bhd (MTSSB) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on Thursday to co-develop and operate Malaysia’s national blockchain infrastructure to onboard the nation’s private and public sectors to Web 3.0.
See related article: Huobi Global talking to Malaysian regulator about being put on investor alert list
- MYEG’s Zetrix blockchain and Mimos blockchain will be the components of the Malaysia Blockchain Infrastructure (MBI), according to a press release published on Thursday.
- Zetrix is a layer 1 public blockchain operated by Malaysia’s e-government service provider, MYEG.
- MYEG, through Zetrix, serves as an international supernode that connects businesses to China’s state-backed blockchain network, Xinghuo BIF.
- Zetrix also unveiled on Thursday its supply chain financing decentralized application, Zetrix TradeFi, which aims to simplify trading in the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) with blockchain technology.
- The MBI is a key element of the National Blockchain Roadmap that was launched by the tech ministry in August.
See related article: Ant Group, Malaysian investment bank Kenanga develop crypto wealth app
Source by forkast.news